"A STATEMENT FROM YIP!
"Revolution toward a free society, Yippie, by A. Yippie.
MR. BILL KUNSTLER: Attorney for the defense of the Chicago 7
Your Honor, the defendants make the following offer of proof. Had the Mayor been designated a hostile witness, the defendants would have offered proof through his testimony to show the following:
1. That there was a conspiracy, overt or tacit, between Mayor Daley and the Democratic administration of Lyndon B. Johnson to prevent or crush any significant demonstrations against war, poverty, imperialism, and racism. and in support of alternative cultures at the 1968 Democratic National Convention.
2. That the members of this conspiracy planned and executed the use of every means at their disposal, including the open and blatant encouragement of violence toward demonstrators by police and other military forces, in order to prevent or crush such public exhibition of dissatisfaction with American domestic and foreign policies.
3. That in so doing the conspirators were determined to continue the fraudulent myth that the people of the United States had a real voice in their government and that they would have a significant choice in the national election of 1968 between candidates supporting virtually identical policies of war, imperialism, racism, and the continued degradation and exploitation and oppression of youth, ethnic, socioeconomic, racial and other minorities.
4. That Mayor Daley obtained and maintains in power in Chicago bv the creation and maintenance of a corrupt political machine which is supported by those individuals and corporations standing to gain the most bv a continuation of present American domestic and foreign policies.
5. That this political machine is determined, whatever the cost, to prevent meaningful solutions to the problems presently facing the people of the United States and those of the rest of the world.
6. That the conspirators have embarked on a program of intense and brutal repression against all those who are seeking such solution, including but not limited to individuals and organizations committed to the end of the war in South Vietnam and the immediate and unconditional withdrawal of American troops there from, the right of black people and other racial, ethnic, or socioeconomic minorities to control their own communities, the right of rebellion against oppression, and the bedrock right of all people to adopt a new way or style of life.
7. That in furtherance of this conspiracy, Mayor Daley, among other things:
(a) On April 1 5, 1 968, ordered his police to respond to the assassination of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr., with orders to shoot to kill arsonists and shoot to maim or cripple looters in the black community.
(b) Attempted first to obstruct the peace parade of the Chicago Peace Council on April 27, 1968, and then brutalized the marchers therein as a warning to peace demonstrators to stay away from the Democratic National Convention.
(c) Attempted first to obstruct the demonstrations at the Democratic National Convention in August of 1968 and then harassed, victimized, and brutalized the participants therein.
(d) Attempted to mislead the people of Chicago and the United States as to the nature and cause of such obstructive and brutal tactics.
8. That in furtherance of this conspiracy, Mayor Daley utilized the services of members of his political machine, including those of Thomas Foran, the United States Attorney for the Eastern District of Illinois and a former assistant Corporation Counsel of the City of Chicago.
9. That the indictment in this case was procured as a result of the said conspiracy in order to:
(a) shift the deserved blame for the disorders Surrounding the Democratic Convention from the real conspirators to deliberately selected individuals symbolizing various categories and degrees of dissent from American foreign and domestic policies.
(b) punish those individuals for their role in leading and articulating such dissent and
(c) deter others
from supporting or expressing such dissent in the future.
12. That Mayor Daley and his administration have for years harassed, intimidated, and terrorized young people in the City of Chicago who have adopted and maintained life styles of which he disapproves including the wearing of long hair and unconventional clothing.
13. That Mayor Daley maintains power in Chicago by a combination of:
of racial, ethnic, socioeconomic and other minorities.
!~Note*** The jury was never allowed to hear this testimony till after the proceedings!
Being a power struggle, who really has the power now? We do of course. Was their a real conspiracy between LBJ and Dailey? Problem is, according to Isaiah, (Which no one bothered to look up back then) This country will never be conquered from without or within. So it really blows any revolution bull.
In my underground newspaper of the time in South Chicago URAS, I reflected such nonsense. Being the editor, I reported and published some disgruntle Hippies works, which being united in community basis did believe such a society would work. Notwithstanding no one would disagree, but would convey at the time, each to one another's beliefs in likes or dislikes.
Therefore, if it was close enough to a Hippie philosophy, if we were all long hairs, then we were united. We'd smoke out our petty indifferences latter. I must say, no one thought we'd be killed or injured bad, and if anything, knew that if something wasn't done then, that today would really be a police state. Far right. Even though I have relatives in the Chicago police dept. It tore me in a spot with an affinity to both sides and courses. The solution back then, weed out the bad of both. Which is basically what we have today. Neither a completely corrupt police dept. (Don't argue) nor a complete Hippie state of a druggie commune.
Actually we felt the Yippies were quite radical and sometimes off the wall themselves. But I think back then, no one took them, seriously. I mean putting LSD in the water supply, before it's purified for the public, not after. Who's that dumb?
I must admit, the recorded earlier news report, of the helicopter shot, of the 4 mile long stretch of Archer Av, filled with Yippies and Hippies, was just a magnificent site to ever have beheld. Knowing you were part of the system that made the change, that made the difference.
Now we partied hardy back in them days. May I say to such extremes it would kill the average human. The balance of power, the freedom of speech, the pursuit of happiness. You can't say it better yesterday nor tomorrow. I thank God I lived to see this all get straightened out somewhat.
Abbie recently passed and his website has been pulled. Even though he attempted to disrupt the 5 hidden dynasties, at least you can say for him, he tried. All of my very good friends have passed. I know of only a handful of us who made it. I'm like Grace Slick ~Jefferson Airplane fame, a few survivors to enjoy a world we now own and control.
We are the Champions of the world! Enjoy!
!~ Honorable Dr. Lou Who
To view actual court transcripts, please visit courtesy of...
All pages Copyright © 10/1/99. - Honorable Dr. Lou Who Studios Website Publishing Service -